Compressor Rebuild Service
The acetylene compressor is one of the most important components in an acetylene plant. Even smaller mechanical faults in compressors may cost time, and productivity. As a reliable compressor reconditioning services expert, Rexarc helps its clients to sustain their productivity with its comprehensive compressor rebuild services for its own brand of compressors. If your Rexarc compressor part has a potential to be made "new", we can make it happen with our experience and expertise.
Features of Rexarc’s Compressor Rebuild Services
Many customers fear that a reconditioned compressor may never work the same, if it incurs any mechanical fault. At Rexarc, our reconditioning experts with their unrivaled technical knowledge, and experience prove that perspective wrong. A compressor reconditioning project proceeds in the following way:
- Removal of Component Parts: As a first step of reconditioning, all critical parts are removed.
- Visual Inspection: All removed parts are visually inspected for the signs of wear and tear. This step helps us understand the type of repair needed.
Here is how our experts proceed:
- Bare Compressor: The bare compressor is removed from the compressor box/cooling tank. Next, it is sandblasted, and all components are disassembled. Every disassembled component is cleaned. Comprehensive mechanical and visual inspections are conducted to identify wear and tear in components. The bare unit is rebuilt with quality parts. The fully assembled compressor is tested, and verified to be within Rexarc operating specifications. The complete unit is painted, and re-labeled.
- Condensate Traps, Coils, and Piping: All these features are dissembled in sections, and visually inspected for any wear and tear. Internal and external cleaning is performed, and again visually tested. Faulty components are replaced, and repainted.
- Relief Valves: These are replaced, and retested for appropriate functioning.
- Compressor Box/Cooling Tank: The compressor box components are visually inspected, and sandblasted. The oil drain is relocated, and primer coating is applied on the internal areas to improve corrosion resistance. The cooling tank is tested to verify water seal.
Other Services Provided
We provide the following services too:
- Compressor Exchange: This service is available for bare compressors model L and R.
Benefits of Rexarc’s Compressor Rebuild Services
The following are few benefits of Rexarc’s compressor rebuild services:
- The compressor is remanufactured to original working specifications.
- Upgrades typically include vent piping, drain vales, and oil drain location.
- When the satisfactory performance is achieved, all units are returned back to the customer with Rexarc’s 1-year warranty. All electrical parts are re-warrantied for 6 months (if replaced).
- The compressors are 100% run tested to check amperage, loading and unloading, pump down, etc.
- It is always cost effective to rebuild a compressor than replacing it. Hence our customers can receive the upgraded unit for about half the price of new unit.